Vision and Values
The Children, Parents, Staff and Governors have developed a set of values that guide us in our choices, both as adults and children. These form the basis of our values and vision:
These are the principles that underpin our thinking and behaviour in school
• Compassion and Integrity
• Curiosity and Challenge
• Personal and Social Responsibility
This is what we want the school to look like in three years’ time:
- All children at the school, including those in vulnerable groups, are making expected progress or better in reading, writing and maths.
- Children are confident, independent learners with high levels of curiosity. They are becoming aware of how to self-drive their learning.
- Children are knowledgeable about the world around them and the world outside their own experience. Their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is given high priority: children understand different viewpoints and demonstrate respect and tolerance.
- There is a high level of aspiration across the whole school.
- Teaching staff have confidence in their ability to teach the evolving curriculum, underpinned by strong systems for professional development and performance management.
- Adults at HBJS have a strong understanding of how children build resilience and secure mental health. The school invests time and money in strategies that will enable both staff and children to best access good mental health.
- Closer links are made between children’s mental health and physical activity.
- The school is outward facing, using its facilities and resources to make strong links with the community and generate income that supports capital build projects within the school.